[ale] Hopefully last LCD question

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jan 27 08:09:14 EST 2006

Hopefully this is the last question.  I'm looking at the ViewSonic 20"
widescreen and it is really about 15" in height.  Since I spend
a majority of my day coding and I like seeing the most code as possible on
one screen would it be wise to get a wide screen or a normal screen?

With a widescreen I could put more windows out but the number of
lines I would view in vim would be reduced since the vertical
resolution of a ws is lower than a normal LCD.

What I'm asking is are widescreens made more for gaming and
multimedia instead of doing work like coding, monitoring, email, etc.