[ale] Typing "i" in a gaim IM window

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Jan 26 07:49:50 EST 2006

I don't do much IM, but I can suggest that since the i-key problem
is specific to the one application, the key is most likely being interpreted
by that program as a hot key or shortcut key.  Check the gaim menus and
preferences and see if the key has become (or can be) assigned to a
program function. If not, then it is likely a program bug and you should
try a different release version.

HTH!
peace
aaron