[ale] Windows remote login for Linux

Allan Neal allanneal at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 11:03:03 EST 2006

My company has the profiles setup very well.  When I connect my
/etc/resolv.conf is changed to the internal company DNS servers.  DNS does
work quite well.  It doesn't add a "search" order string so I have to use
fully qualified names, but that is the only short coming.

Allan

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:54:44PM -0700, Michael Hirsch wrote:
> On 1/25/06, Allan Neal <allanneal at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>     My company uses Cisco VPN concentrators.  The Linux Cisco VPN client works
>     very well.
>

> Can you get DNS to work over the VPN?  I've used the Cisco VPN several times
> and can never get DNS going.  I need to know exact IP addresses, but other than
> that it is very functional.
>
> Michael

\_|   I count him braver who overcomes   |
  |   his desires than he who conquers   |
  | his enemies; for the hardest victory |
  |      is the victory over self.       |
  |             - Aristotle              |