[ale] Averatec

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 24 20:00:03 EST 2006

Pat Regan wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:

<snip>

> What models of Dell were you unhappy with?  Like most manufacturers they
> seem to have lines of laptops aimed and home and business users.
> Usually the more expensive business class models (of any manufacturer)
> are significantly nicer.

I don't recall the models.  I do know they were top end hardware for the
time, as I checked it out before I got them.  I was working for AT&T
Labs at the time.  It's been a good 10 years since, but my distaste for
Dell has continued since because of other problems along the way.

> I am typing this email on a 3+ year old Fujitsu P2120 sub notebook (3.4
> pounds with both batteries).  This is the first, and only, Fujitsu
> machine I have ever used.  If they build all their machines like this
> one I would highly recommend them, this is by far the nicest laptop I
> have ever owned.

My Sony weighs in at 9+ lbs with both batteries.... :)  I love it
though, never a problem.  (looking for wood to bang on....)

--
Until later, Geoffrey