[ale] Scanners

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Jan 24 11:45:38 EST 2006

On Tue January 24 2006 9:47 am, Jim wrote:
> Has anyone purchased a scanner recently that has a Linux driver
> available? ?I'd sure like to not have to use Windows, besides I
> suspect the new scanners won't have drivers for Win98SE, which is
> the only thing I've got, if you don't count my laptop. ?:)

I have an Epson Perfection 4180 Photo scanner. When I first got it,
SUSE did not support it at all, that was SUSE 9.1 . I worked on a beta
version of the sane front & backend programs, and now it does work.

you should probably look at the sane project, here's a good how-to:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2395

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800