[ale] Scanners

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Tue Jan 24 10:50:58 EST 2006

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 09:47, Jim wrote:
| My old scanner has croaked. ?It's a Mustek 600 III EP Plus. ?Why you'd
| care, I don't know. :) ?It's one of the parallel printer models. ?It
| just isn't there any longer. ?The software doesn't find it, Linux nor
| Windows so I need to get a new scanner, however it looks like the Linux
| drivers for scanners trail the market. ?I can't find a current
| production scanner that Linux supports. ?

Jim,
The Viewscan software works with nearly every scanner, as far as I know.
More data is here: https://www.hamrick.com/reg.html

Although this is proprietary software (The Pro version costs about $90)
I think it is the only one available for Linux that offers ICC profiles
and IT8 color calibration. I'm using it to drive an Epson 3200 Photo scanner
and it a far more complete package than the FOSS drivers I have used.

Sean