[ale] OT easy html editor

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jan 24 10:24:42 EST 2006

> Nobody worries about 640x480 anymore. The minimum accepted is still
> 800x600, and that's what I shoot for on my personal website.

Sigh.. And although that's true, I attempt to make it so that 640wide
doesn't break things too badly (scrolling right is OK). I've had a joyful
project lately, an internal web based project where I have control over the desktop,
and the users are using Firefox on 1280x1024 screens.. Getting spoiled. :)

The real usability test should be: Lynx or eLinks in a terminal
window. I'm learning that a good philosophy is using standard HTML tags
and then using style sheets for good looking layout for the normal
tags (UL/LI etc.. ) so that if CSS support does not work, the pages are
still usable. Lynx/eLinks is a good way to see what search engines
"see" as well..