[ale] SMP problems with Tyan Tiger MB

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Sun Jan 22 20:02:23 EST 2006

A minor nitpick - steppings had nothing to do with a rate for
anything - the term "stepping" refers to internal revisions of the
same cpu model, generally done to fix microcode bugs or to increase
production yields.

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/29

Intel used to have stepping compatibility charts on their website,
but I can't seem to find them now.

-C