[ale] Naked DSL from Bellsouth?

Brian Whigham oobx at itmonger.com
Mon Jan 16 08:50:40 EST 2006

Steve,
Your premise that we've reverted back to the old days is entirely
wrong.  We never left the old days.  Bellsouth has been trying to dance
around the idea for years.  Of course they won't sell you DSL without a
landline.  They have little financial reason to do so.  A sorry attempt
to show that they're trying is Athens' wireless network. It requires CPE
and one must live within the Hwy 10 loop around Athens to be eligible.
It's a pre Wi-Max network.

However, if you are a Bellsouth DSL reseller (i.e. www.negia.net) (and
possibly even a member of FISPA), you can get a naked connection (AKA
'inward-only line') for a mere $20/month, plus DSL fees.

In spite of this, I like DSL better than cable.  Its been much more
stable and provided better, cleaner bandwidth in my experience.

Brian