[ale] FoX Linux on a laptop

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 9 21:41:09 EST 2006

Brian Conway wrote:
> Hi
>
> I?m new to Linux and trying to get FoX Linux going on a laptop.  The problem
> I?m having is finding an appropriate driver for my NIC.  I?m using a Linksys
> PCMLM56 combo card.
> On initial install the system seems to ?see? it, but does not list the
> adapter in the device list (I?m checking through the KDE interface) I was
> able to access the web once without an issue, but have not had any further
> success. I could not find any info on the FoX site.  Any suggestions?  Is
> there a better distribution for laptop users that will see this card?

If you're new to Linux, I'd suggest you go with one of the more
established distros.  My favorite is SuSE, but Red Hat, Mandrake or
Debian are good choices as well.  I've not done an install of Debian of
late, but the last time I did, I did not find it as easy going as Suse,
Red Hat or Mandrake.

--
Until later, Geoffrey