[ale] OT: Pranks are out

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:09:15 EST 2006

During my second job, the company used Apollo workstations, which ran
an OS best described as a 'hybrid' of SysV, BSD, and Nyquil.  Very
powerful, but very arcane.  It had a number of xroach and melt clones,
but the best prank was a bouncing ball demo, that had a multi-window
mode, where the ball would bounce out of one window and into another.
I wrote a shell script that would remotely open a windo on every
workstation in the building, and start the bouncing ball....
--
Better Living Through Bitmaps