[ale] Advice (S-P-A-M 3.91/2.00)

Rob Fauls smokeyrd at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 4 03:03:09 EST 2006

More or less, that is my concern, yes.  The thing is that I know that the
best option is probably to go to linux, as I have never had a bad experience
with it. What I worry about is causing the company to loose massive amounts
of money because im not going to be there in another 2-3 months anyhow and
when I leave I don't want them to be stuck with a system that they don't
know how to operate. At the same time, I just know that linux is #1 for
stability and thus the #1 choice for servers for a reason. As one of my
friends said...they don't break...period.  (exaggeration, but you know what
I mean) I guess what im really looking for is someone to tell me that I need
to shut up and do something...one way of the other. So far the only people
that have suggested exchange are those that sell it, and I feel there is a
reason behind that...economics. On the other hand, despite the fact that M$
can sell a product simply by branding it, I feel there must be inherent
properties that make exchange the right choice.  What I don't understand is
where does exchange really come in? if its simply for blackberry support,
then GroupWare could be an answer because I just looked again and blackberry
has a lotus and novell version of their enterprise server out now.  While I
understand that you have a biased opinion of the software, I haven't heard
anything bad about groupware, although im about to start the search as I
never looked very deeply into it.  As a heads up, when I was looking at
linux, I was looking at running a postfix mail server on it doing imap. This
server really will only have about 50 users on it as the drivers themselves
do not currently maintain email addresses, although that is something that
has been considered lightly for the future as a kind of "thank you" to the
drivers. Again, ive prattled on like a school girl (thank you, stewey) for
far too long...
-Rob