[ale] Patch vs. crossover cables

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 26 14:18:18 EST 2006

I've got a box with 3 NICs I'm going to setup as a firewall.  One NIC
connected to my DSL modem, one NIC for my internal network, and one for
a DMZ.  The DMZ and internal networks will have more than one PC on
them, so I have a couple of hubs.

My question is, given this architecture (with no PCs directly connected
to one another, only to hubs) is there any need for a crossover cable,
or will all cables needed be standard patch cables?

--
Cheers,
Trey

Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea.

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  2:15pm  up 2 days 20:24,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.23, 0.28