[ale] How can I use Knoppix to fix hd problem on xp box

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Feb 26 01:53:46 EST 2006

I have an XP box (haven't been able to convert the spouse) with a sata
drive that has a corrupted mbr that XP can't fix and will not boot. I
can't even reinstall the XP system. Since I can access the drive without
problem running Knoppix, I am guessing maybe......virus destruction? I
was hoping that somebody out there could point me to an antivirus program
I could run from a cd under Knoppix. Any other ideas as to the possible
culprit?

Thanks,

Jim Seymour

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM
advertised OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from