[ale] Linux on Dell Dimension 9150?

Patrick Bartkus patrckb+ale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 08:07:01 EST 2006

FYI...

At my old job, we had purchased a Power Edge 2850 and a PE 6850 servers and
RHEL from Dell. We had problems installing RHEL3 from CD on them. I called
their support and found that they had a brand new (less then 2 months old)
team of techs just to support Linux and Netware. They knew their stuff and
had all the right answers. Basically, I needed to download the latest RHEL 3
update ISOs from RHN. I put them on a NFS share and did a network install.

One call to tech support and I was on my way.

YMMV,
Patrick