[ale] Linux on Dell Dimension 9150?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Feb 24 19:27:36 EST 2006

On Fri February 24 2006 5:04 pm, Dow_Hurst wrote:
> We have a deal on the Dell Dimension 9150 desktop with 20"LCD
> monitors.  I don't know how compatible that current model is with
> Linux in general.  Has anyone specifically loaded Linux on that
> model within the past couple of months?  Is the Optiplex current
> GX520 mini-tower more likely to load Linux without problems?  I
> don't think we can get a loaner model from Dell on short notice to
> try something like loading Knoppix.  Thanks so much, Dow

hey, well, my DELL desktop is much older, but my new laptop is an XPS
M140, and it loaded SUSE 10.0 without a problem. My desktop, also
running SUSE 10.0 has a nice new Samsung 713n flat panel monitor, and
it works GREAT! ( got it from Sam's in Athens..)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800