[ale] Linux Systems Administrator downtown Atlanta

RBhojwani at idr-inc.com RBhojwani at idr-inc.com
Mon Feb 20 09:01:18 EST 2006

Greetings all...I have an immediate opening for a Linux sys admin
downtown.  This is a contract-to-perm position with a very large IT
company.  Person will be dealing with hundreds of Linux servers.  Salary
is $55-$65k.  Please send resumes to:  rbhojwani at idr-inc.com

Job Qualifications for Product Development Engineer ? UNIX

The Product Development Engineer enables the delivery of our products and
platforms to our Operations department, and through them, to our
customers.  Responsibilities include the creation of automated
product/platform builds that incorporate operating system components, 3rd
party applications, and applications as well as other tools and
applications required to enable the platforms to be successfully deployed,
managed, monitored and supported.

The Product Development Engineer is also responsible to top-tier platform
support and is expected to be the technical expert on various hosting
platforms and supporting infrastructure.

The following are the skill and job experience requirements to be
considered for a UNIX Product Development Engineer:

?       Development and/or system administration experience in a hosting oriented
company
?       Thorough hardware knowledge including systems using multiple processors
and network interfaces, SCSI subsystems and RAID arrays
?       Demonstrated competence in administering multiple systems of different
Unix flavors.  RedHat Linux experience is a must, while experience with
the following operating systems is a plus:  Solaris, FreeBSD, SGI IRIX,
other Linux variants and BSD/OS
?       Experience with centralized storage platforms, technologies and concepts
such as SAN, NAS and Network Appliance systems a plus
?       Demonstrated competence in administering and developing for the the
following UNIX applications and services:  Apache, MySQL (including MySQL
replication) FTP, SSH, sendmail, pop/imap, DNS.
?       Demonstrated knowledge and experience in using source control tools such
as CVS for development projects.
?       Understanding of UNIX automated build processes and concepts including
Linux Kickstart, RPM management and PXE.
?       Experience in creating Linux RPM packages and deploying them across
multiple servers
?       Demonstrated competence in UNIX security concepts and best practices
?       Demonstrated competence in automation programming using Perl.  Competence
in other languages including Python, PHP, C/C++ and Java a plus.
?       RedHat certifications are a plus

Ram Bhojwani
Recruiter
Internal Data Resources, Inc. (IDR)
rbhojwani at idr-inc.com