[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Feb 20 08:22:24 EST 2006

On Mon February 20 2006 7:17 am, Thomas Stromberg wrote:
> I suppose I neglected to mention that you will need to tell postfix
> ? to reload it's configuration files after editing main.cf. Simply
> type:
>
> ? postfix reload
>
> Should that fail (!?!), you can try "/etc/init.d/postfix reload", or
> ? using stop/start instead.

interesting.. I have 2 command windows open, one testing sending mail
from the "mail" command, the other editing the main.cf file. All I had
to do was ":w" the file and it changed my errors, and your command
fails:
# postfix reload
postfix/postfix-script: fatal: the Postfix mail system is not running

under system services it shows
postfix Yes*

and:
/etc/init.d/postfix reload
Reload mail service (Postfix)
#

and I got no error sending mail from the commandline, but the mail
never got there, and I got no error mail in return.. guess it went
to /dev/null..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800