[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 17:52:54 EST 2006

Brandon Colbert wrote:
> I was planning to use it as a mail server.

If all you want to do is send email, from your host inside the BellSouth
network, then all you need to do is setup sendmail to use
mail.bellsouth.net as a SMART_HOST in your sendmail.mc like this:
     define(`SMART_HOST', `mail.bellsouth.net')
There should not be any concern wrt Port 25 blocking done by BellSouth.
  If you want sendmail to receive inbound email, from outside the
BellSouth network, then BellSouth's practice of blocking Port 25 will
affect you and you will likely want to move to a different ISP.

-Jim P.