[ale] Semi OT - PHP question

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun Feb 19 06:30:25 EST 2006

I'm venturing into php, specifically xmlrpc and wrote what I thought was
going to be the simplest client possible, but what it is telling me
makes no sense.

Here's the code.

<?php
include ('XML/RPC.php');

$client = new XML_RPC_CLIENT("/RPC2","localhost",8181);
$client->setDebug(1);
$str = new XML_RPC_Value("Test String ", "string");
$msg = new XML_RPC_Message("local.echo",$str);
$response = $client->send($msg);
if (!$response->faultCode()) {
    $value = $response->value();
    echo $value;
} else {
    print "Error code: " . $response->faultCode() . " Message: " .
$response->faultString() . "\n";
    }

?>
And here is the error output.  "missing top level xmlrpc element"???
Sure looks like <methodResponse> to me.

And another thing, the message "Test message" is supposed to come back
with the Echo statement but it isn't.  If I run the equivalent perl
code, it works fine, so I'm pretty sure the server is working OK.

Any ideas?

---GOT---
HTTP/1.1 200 OK