[ale] low cost color laser for linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 17 07:52:43 EST 2006

Daniel Howard wrote:

> We recently purchased a Konica-Minolta networked color laserjet that
> works under Linux for our school and have been happy with it.  Was on
> sale for $400 (rebate) IIRC.  Daniel

I have to say, I've been pleased with my 2300dl.  Works with Linux
drivers from linuxprinting.org.  Sharp images, although I wouldn't use
it for photos.  Upgradeable memory.  A real nice web based interface
that provides toner levels, print counts, configuration.

When I got it, it was around $700, I've seen them for sale for $500 on
pricewatch and $400 on ebay.  I suspect shipping will be costly though,
it's not a light weight.  The toner cartridges can be had at Costco for
$130 each for the high capacity cartridges, and you do want the high
capacity ones. 4500 pages verses 1500 for the $100 standard capacity.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Go live and stabilize!