[ale] OT: Good customer-support experience with Tyan

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 13:02:36 EST 2006

Windows *can* and *does* support more than two CPUs.  However, the more
common versions of Windows are crippled so as to not be able to use more
than two.  You have to pay extra for a non-crippled or at least
less-crippled "Data Center Edition" or some such.

The thing being, if you're going to put this kind of money into
hardware, you'd have to be doing something really deadly-serious, which
you would think would rule out Windows out of hand.