[ale] OT: Good customer-support experience with Tyan

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Feb 15 23:26:54 EST 2006

John,

That's good news to hear! I have several Tyan boards in service. I have
never needed any support on them but it's great to hear that Tyan knows
what makes for a good customer relations process.

BTW: Tyan makes a kick-butt 8-processor dual core Opteron mobo that
would be a guaranteed divorce if I tried to sneak it in. :( I was told I
can't even price it. :{  So I put up the best color print of it I could
find and wrote my birthday on it. I know it won't happen since each CPU
is $1800 and I want all 8 sockets stuffed (and the ram stuffed...)
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8qw.html