[ale] Sub $250 PCs

Vernard Martin vernard at venger.net
Mon Feb 13 11:11:44 EST 2006

Chris Farris wrote:
> Anyone got a recommendation on a sub $250 PC?

I have bought a couple of the $199 AMD Geode specials from Frys in
Gwinette (for a client, not for personal use). They were on sale at the
time for $159. They come with Lispire on them and work quite nicely.
Except for the 128MB of ram that they come with. I dropped a 1GB stick
of memory in them and they have been running swimmingly ever since.

What specs do you need? You might be able to get something better by
going refurbished from Dell.