[ale] VOIP and v.90 modems

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Fri Feb 10 14:55:40 EST 2006

I assume that your Colo system needs to dial OUT.  I discovered by accident
that if you have no long distance, people still can dial in to you.

Have you considered setting up a VPN between the Colo box and a system
in your office and then have the analog phone lines and modems in your
office?  Depending on what software you have, this may be an easy and
cheap solution.  There are a variety of ways to do this.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"