[ale] Thanks for the Video DVD

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Feb 9 00:29:18 EST 2006

Glad to hear that the DVD is getting viewed!  It's a bit of time and
effort getting a meeting captured and posted, so knowing that
there is an audience is appreciated.

I do intend to videotape the Feb. 9th (today's) Central meeting.  It will most
likely be processed and posted as a DVD again. With some help from Bjorn,
though, I am continuing research into more compact and efficient delivery
methods.

The initial goals are  to be able to synchronize or time slides to an audio
track in a compact form that is supported by cross platform player tools.
The W3C "SMIL" project (pronounced as "smile" and standing for S-ynchronized
M-edia I-ntegration L-anguage, ) is one of the more promising possibilities.

If anyone reading this has other leads on existing software or OSS tool
that meet the snychro slide requireets, errprs, your ideas amd feedbacl are
welcome at my aaron at pd.org address..

peace
aaron