[ale] Web server issues

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Wed Feb 8 13:54:03 EST 2006

I am running out of ideas as to what the problem is here. I have an
outdoor webcam sending a feed to a website hosted on another system. The
webcam server is part of the motion package and is running on a Debian
testing system. I can watch the feed without problem on my own system
(the system sending the feed). Anyone else that tries to access it gets
a denied message. A test of my firewall shows the port as open. I can't
figure out if the problem is in my hosts.allow or whatever. The iptables
rules have input and output rules to accept connections on the port and
my logs do not show it being dropped. Googling has not provided me with
the answer. Ideas? The address if you want try is www.wingbarscafe.com
and is using the cambozola java applet to direct the feed.

TIA,

Jim

--
I started using something better than the "standard" back when IBM
advertised OS/2 Warp on TV. As Linux matured I made the transition from