[ale] SATA experience

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:10:18 EST 2006

Anyone else using a SATA drive on their Linux system?  I'm having the
hardest time trying to get this to work with Gentoo.  The live CD boots
fine, and I am to build and install the new system.  I keeps giving me
errors when I try to reboot into the new system.  I have a Sis 964 chipset
in my Shuttle system.  I have tried to follow the directions on the Gentoo
Wiki, but I must be missing something because it won't mount my root
partition if it is SATA.  This works fine with other older Distros (Debian
3.1, FC4, etc.), but I think I'd be better off with Gentoo in the long run.