[ale] Sendmail makes me cry.

Philip Polstra ppolstra at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 09:14:16 EST 2006

I would suggest you upgrade to postfix as your MTA, because it is easier to
administor, and some would say more secure.

If you are using postfix in your /etc/postfix/main.cf file you just need to
put in something like this:
myhostname = machine
mydomain = company.com

I will tell you that this is what I do internally for my home network.  I
have switched to using my ISP's SMTP server for outbound mail, however.  The
reason for the switch is that everyone keeps bouncing my mail because I
don't have a static IP.  If you have a static IP then this shouldn't be a
problem.