[ale] Linux + Vendor neutral???

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sat Feb 4 16:41:53 EST 2006

I was an SME for the previous version of NET+, and spent a week and a half working with a team of other SME's reviewing and rewriting the questions from the original exam.

It was incredibly Windows centric, but I was able have some impact toward making it network rather than platform specific to a far greater extent than it was.  It was a real battle, though.

An example of a question would be the windows switches for ping to allow continuous pings.  The original question didn't specify platform, so it just assumed all versions of ping stop at 4 tries.

-jt

Ryan Fish wrote:

>Subject: Re: [ale] Linux + Vendor neutral???
>
>On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:03:40 -0500
>"H. A. Story" <adrin at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>>I was just looking at a website.  And they had sample question for
>>this test.   In one they asked about rawrite and the other they asked
>>about a Red Hat command, can't remember it.   Has anyone on this list
>>taken the test?  And how vendor neutral is it really????
>>
>>Adrin

>I picked up a Linux+ book last spring, but I never got more than
>halfway through it. It appears, though, that they focus on RPM and
>Lilo, but not necessarily any specific distro (as far as the
>organization of /etc/ goes).  Maybe I'll pick it up again...need to
>test for that.  And my Net+....and CCNA...blah ;)

Net+  was not to bad.  A few off the wall questions, that didn't really
have a correct answer or the truly correct answer was not present.  I
used the Exam Cram books.  Just kept running the test over and over
until I was >80% and then took the test.