[ale] What's the utility to shut out hackers/viri attempting sshd attacks?

Patrick Bartkus patrckb+ale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 15:37:52 EST 2006

I used to get lots of the "script kiddie" attacks on my port 22 sshd every
day. I got tired of seeing their entries in my logwatch e-mails.

On the advice of someone on this list, I changed my sshd port number in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config (FC3). Yea, I had to change my client configs but now
no more entries in my nightly logwatch e-mails.

Patr}ck