[ale] Good text based live system

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 07:58:44 EST 2006

Additionally, there is a 'Frodo' release of Slax which is only the CLI. No
GUI at all.

WMM

On 2/3/06, Jay Loden <jloden at toughguy.net> wrote:

> Try Slax: http://slax.linux-live.org
>
> Assuming the new version hasn't changed, Slax boots to a command prompt,
> and
> then you can optionally launch a GUI from there.I used to use it all the
> time
> to fix/rescue Windows computers.It's also only ~180mb so it's quick to
> download.
>
> -Jay
>
> On Friday 03 February 2006 07:08 am, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > I'm looking for a good text based (CLI) live CD.  I've got ubuntu but I
> > do not see a way to tell it to not run X.  Starting X takes too long and
> > I just need to get to a command prompt so I can do some nice things.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2