[ale] Computer case port cover

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 31 16:31:49 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-31 at 12:03 -0500, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> Anywho, all of these I've seen have the bits of metal around the cutouts
> for several of the ports that I've never been sure what you're supposed
> to do with.  Do I move them back and forth until they break off, bend
> them but leave them on...?

I've never bent them out of the way or cut them off, but I'll agree that
they are pain to deal with.  Considering that you probably only run into
them once or twice a year, I would recommend that you take the time to
wiggle the motherboard into the case without bending or removing the
clips.  I'm pretty sure they are there for a reason (possibly to ground
the back of that panel to the connectors) and should not be removed.

-Jim P.