[ale] computer controlled power switches

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Fri Dec 29 14:13:06 EST 2006

I solved this exact problem with X10 hardware.  However, UPSes and Surge
Protectors and suppress the X10 signals without isolators and thus X10
has reliability problems, expecially in computer rooms with frequently
changing arrays of equipment.

We designed a reliable unit that is driven from the parallel port of
any LINUX box, for hardware failover of critical servers.  It also can
be used to power-cycle equipment.

We can build one for you.  I believe the price for one would be $150.
We also support European 240V 50Hz.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]