[ale] Can't remember model of mainboard I have

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 27 09:23:01 EST 2006

Hi all-

It seems silly to me, but for the life of me I can't find out what
make/model of mainboard I have in one of my machines.  It's fairly
recent - runs an Intel 2.8GHz CPU.  However, I cannot find any badge
or markings on the board itself to give a clue.

Is there some other way to tell...perhaps a Linux utility I can run
that will give the needed info?

I've got a couple ATA drives in there now that I'm looking to replace
with SATA.  I need to know if the mainboard supports SATA and, if so,
what speed.

I usually keep the manuals for these things, but can't seem to find one
for the mainboard I have here.

Thanks!

--
Cheers,
Trey

"Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less confusing
that way."

Linux laptop 2.6.16.21-0.25-default i686 GNU/Linux
  9:18am  up 10 days  1:15,  6 users,  load average: 1.90, 1.81, 1.49