[ale] DNAT connection refused

bluejay bluejay at speedfactory.net
Wed Dec 27 09:00:19 EST 2006

Hope all are enjoying the holiday season. I am having a
problem with
local connections on a box behind a firewall. Box A is the
firewall, web
server and dsl connection providing box. Box B is a client
behind that
same firewall that is running a webcam on port 8090. When a
connection
to box A is established for the webserver, it uses iptables
DNAT to send
the connection to port 8090 to box B that has a server
feeding that port
with the webcam stream.

Now for the dumb part. Box B is refusing all connections
from Box A.
Nothing is showing up in the logs on either box for dropped
or rejected
connection requests. Box A can telnet localhost to its own
ports
without problem. Box B can telnet to its own ports without
problem. Box
B can ssh into box A without problem,

However box A cannot ssh, telnet or whatever into any port
in box B
causing the failure of the webcam stream on the webpage. On
the box
refusing the connections I have: flushed all firewall rules
and set
defaults to accept and set hosts.allow to accept ALL: LOCAL
and 8090:box
A ip. I am at a loss. When there is nothing in the logs, how
do I locate
what is causing the refused connections? And yes a netstat
-ln shows
that box B is listening on port 8090.

Thanks in advance,

Jim