[ale] Limewire plays but no sound, huh ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 19 06:14:28 EST 2006

I've got a Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 [Audigy] rig connected to
their card and am trying to play some tunes from Limewire, which
formerly played [couple of years ago], but now the GUI shows them
playing but no sound comes out.

I downloaded/installed the Linux software when I got the hardware but
have lost the included manufactuer docs so don't know what's wrong. It
worked when originally installed.

Loaded modules that pertain, as best I remember are: emu10k1,
via82cxxx_audio uart401, sound, soundcore.

What might be wrong and how do I cure it, please ?

Thanks again,

Courtney