[ale] Problem with SuSE-10.1 update

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 18 17:41:37 EST 2006

Greg -

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess my old SuSE-10.1 set disagrees
violently with today's updates: I probably did an update on my current
10.1 box when the CD's were fresh (c. two months ago) and I don't remember
such a problem.

I guess self-injury is a familiar phenomenon in this business, but - like
electric shocks - I've never come to take it without wincing!

By the time I try again I'll have a fresh set of 10.2 CDs to try. No
reason to revert to 10.1!

Best regards,
 - Mills