[ale] Problem with SuSE-10.1 update

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Mon Dec 18 12:34:53 EST 2006

ALErs -

I just installed a fresh setup of SuSE-10.1 and attempted to update the
installation. The update hangs on a conflict that names the same entity
twice:
 "establishing script: libzypp-patchpzmdrestart.sh-2-1533-1.noarch"

I've tried 'unchecking' all updates associated with 'libypp' and with
'zmd'. I also deleted a set of *xml files in
"/var/lib/zypp/cache/Source.QZMT7r/repodata", the only ones I could
 'find /' with appropriate sounding names.

I still hang up at the same point on the SuSE update. How can I get past
this conflict?

TIA.
 - Mills