[ale] Q: How to remove a useless network drive in SuSE-10.1/KDE

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat Dec 16 06:53:06 EST 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 12:10 pm, John Mills wrote:
> ALErs -
>
> I used the "My Computer->Network Folders->Add a Network Folder" desktop
> links to create a link and icon to a SMB share, and I would like to
> delete it.
>
> I can't figure out how to do this. I don't find a GUI link to delete or
> remove the link, nor does dragging it to the 'Trash' work. How should I
> clean this up?

Try un-mounting the share in Samba first. If it's a permission problem,
I think SuSE still has "File Manager SU mode" or something similar. Or did
in 10.0.... Mandriva dropped this usefull (but dangerous) tool from the
default menu several years ago, but I dutifully add it back in on every
install or upgrade :)

I sure you can do it from the console too, just Google the commands.
--
William