[ale] sending email from gmail with my domain as the reply/to?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 17:40:00 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 17:16 -0500, Robert Story wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:32:09 -0500 Robert wrote:
> RLH>   I am running a friends domain on my mail server.  He's started using gmail
> RLH> for most of his mail services but wants to be able to have gmail send mail
> RLH> as if from his domain but it seems my server is rejecting it as forged.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the situation... Why is your server receiving mail
> sent to a third party from gmail?

I'm not the OP, but I do know that Gmail offers domain email hosting
services for external domains.  It's a service they started offering
some time ago.

Robert, I suspect that you will have to tell your MTA to allow gmail to
relay for your friends domain... but doing this can be tricky as you
don't want all domains that gmail hosts, nor all possible gmail email
that says it's for your friends domain.  Worse, I know nothing abt
Exim. :-)

-Jim P.