[ale] Printer problems

Vikram Nanda vikramnanda at exsculpo.com
Sun Dec 10 21:59:36 EST 2006

Scott,

I installed the latest hplip from sourceforge. The scanner part still
has the same problem.

$ hp-check

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.6.10)
Dependency/Version Check Utility ver. 4.0

# Following values are determined at configure time and cannot be changed.
[configure]
network-build=0
pp-build=0
gui-build=1
scanner-build=1
fax-build=1
internal-tag=1.6.10.11

HPLIP running?
--> Yes, HPLIP is running (OK).

HPOJ running?
--> No, HPOJ is not running (OK).

Checking Python version...
--> OK, version 2.4.4 installed

----------------
| DEPENDENCIES |
----------------

( Not installed)

Checking for dependency 'libcrypto (libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic
library)'...
error: Not found!
error: This is a REQUIRED dependency.

Checking for dependency 'ppdev (ppdev - Parallel port support kernel
module.)'...
error: Not found!
error: This is a REQUIRED dependency.

Checking for dependency 'libnetsnmp-devel (libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP
networking library development files)'...
error: Not found!
error: This is a REQUIRED dependency.

----------------------
| INSTALLED PRINTERS |
----------------------

officejet_4200
--------------
Device URI: hp:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN58VGH6JME5
Installed in HPLIP? Yes
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/officejet_4200.ppd
PPD Description: HP OfficeJet 4200 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)

Printer status:
printer officejet_4200 is idle. enabled since Sun 10 Dec 2006 09:49:16
PM EST

officejet_4200_fax
------------------
Device URI: hpfax:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN58VGH6JME5
Installed in HPLIP? Yes
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/officejet_4200_fax.ppd
PPD Description: HP Fax

Printer status:
printer officejet_4200_fax is idle. enabled since Sun 10 Dec 2006
09:44:44 PM EST

----------------------
| SANE CONFIGURATION |

'hpaio' in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf'...
--> OK, found. SANE backend 'hpaio' is not properly set up.

Checking output of 'scanimage -L'...
device `hpaio:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN58VGH6JME5' is a hp
officejet_4200_series multi-function peripheral
device `hpaio:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN58VGH6JME5' is a hp
officejet_4200_series multi-function peripheral
device `v4l:/dev/video0' is a Noname BT878 video (AVerMedia TVPhone
virtual device