[ale] Parsing attachments out of email

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Fri Dec 8 19:58:12 EST 2006

I tried some things out, and figured out that I can do this pretty simply by just
replacing everything between the first "X-MimeOLE" header and the second one. Seems like
something I ought to be able to do with sed or a short perl script. However, when piping
stdin through grep or doing a pattern match in perl, it seems like it always matches line
by line.

In this case, what I need is to do a search and replace pattern across the entire set of
lines. I assume there must be some way to do this with a special command through sed or a
special perl script, but it's beyond me knowledge of either. Anyone happen to know how i
can do either?

-Jay