[ale] vmware ESX Server

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Dec 8 14:27:37 EST 2006

Haven't played with vmware.  A Windows Admin here is tasked with
installing this.  What he got (ESX Server) seems to be rpms etc... which
implies it is a Linux load.  From what I can tell of a document he has I
believe he needs to boot from CD and it actually loads a base operating
system (Linux) rather than is something he loads on top of an existing
installed OS (Linux or Windows).

Is this correct?   Any pointers?   (Note - we're not creating a virtual
machine yet - just trying to get the server software insalled.)