[ale] NAT And traffic redirection

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Dec 7 11:40:38 EST 2006

I have a Linux server at a remote location that is VPN'ed into our
network.  Inside the VPN I've assigned it address 10.0.5.2.  I want to
be able to access a Windows server at 192.168.7.8 that is behind that
machine from my desktop here at home.  Is there a way I can tell that
Linux server to send all TCP/UDP traffic that is destined to 10.0.5.3 to
that Windows box at 192.168.7.8.  That windows box would then see
traffic as if it was coming from 192.168.7.2 which is the ethernet
address of that Linux server.

In this case I need to access services on that windoze machine with
clients on my desktop but routing to 192.168.7.0 is not possible.
Someone told me I could assign another address to that Linux server and
that could be the virtual address for NAT for that windows machine.

Chris