[ale] SHA1SUM question

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 6 09:01:59 EST 2006

Jerry, James -

Thanks for the inputs.

First, I do not appear to have a complete file yet. In fact bittorrent
(using 'ktorrent') reports it is 'stalled' at 99.90% complete. My failed
checksum makes sense.

QUESTION: Can I somehow kick or restart bittorrent to complete the
download, rather than restarting the whole thing?

Second, I see the 'sha1sum' has "binary" and "text" modes, and I expect
binary is what I should use on an *.iso file, but "text" appears to the
the default mode except in DOS. Maybe it was possible to do it wrong.

 - Mills