[ale] Mounting FTP?

Jeb Barger jeb at rev-x.com
Tue Dec 5 22:12:31 EST 2006

Ok, this maybe I dumb question but it has me stumped.  But, I am going
to ask it anyway.

I am trying to backup my wife's windows box using rsnapshot, and the
simplest solution is to mount it on my linux box (unless someone has a
better suggestion?)...However, mounting via ssh (i'm using freesshd on
the windows box) doesn't seem to work right.

Can I mount FTP? and how?

Different question, same problem, I am running the lastest Ubuntu and in
gnome under places (connect to server) it seems like I can create all
sorts of mounts?  are they really mounts?  If so, where are the stored?

Thanks,

Jeb