[ale] vFAQ: Good distributions on Dell D610 laptops

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue Dec 5 10:10:29 EST 2006

KB -

Thanks. That brings me to another question:

I see 'ubuntu' downloads its installer as a single CD. Is it then usual to
go through a net installation to end up with a usably complete setup? If
so, is the net procedure automated?

I also see some DVD downloads for 'kubuntu'. What are the 'pros' and
'cons' of 'ubuntu' and 'kubuntu', and CD vs. DVD installations?

Thanks.

 - Mills