[ale] Voice Recognition software

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 18:35:12 EST 2006

On 11/26/06, Brandon Colbert <colbert.brandon at gmail.com> wrote:

> What voice recognition software works great with Linux? I want to be able
> to use this with my Misterhouse.

Are you looking for an Open Source solution? The Misterhouse home page
recommends the following -- I doubt it is OS.

on Linux IBM's ViaVoice <http://www.nuance.com/viavoice/personal/> engine
> for voice recognition. http://www.nuance.com/viavoice/personal/

Slightly of topic -- have you investigated some of the other Open Source /
Linux based home automation applications? Particularly, had any luck with
Plutohome?  Know anyone who has had luck? Its interesting that Monster Cable
is introducing a linux based home automation
system<Monster%20Cable%20is%20introducing%20a%20home%20automation%20system>that
 (from all appearances) is Plutohome
redressed. <http://www.cepro.com/news/editorial/13184.html>

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/06/monsters-linux-based-network-media-and-automation-devices/
http://www.cepro.com/news/editorial/13184.html