[ale] Internet access under Linux

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 31 10:30:57 EDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 August 2006 21:55, Ken Arromdee wrote:
> |
> | Right now I'm using dialup. ?It's about time to move on. ?What DSL or
> | other types of providers are good for Linux users?
>
> I have been happy with Speakeasy -- and I am a non-geek running Linux.
> Their tech support is in this country and they don't waste your time running
> through stupid scripts.  I had a DSL box die a few weeks ago and they sent
<<snip>>

I'm also on Speakeasy, and generally like the service. I've had a few
support cases with bad communications, but that could also be a problem
with the customer not paying sufficient attention.

We did have a lightning strike take out the dsl bridge a while back.
Speakeasy service was spot on, although we reduced the support tech and
teh customer to lying on the floor laughing over the incident. (To be
fair, he was on the end of a double shift and a little punchy as a
result.)